Friday, May 6, 2011

My Reflection

     This is my final post for this blog. I have come a long way of learning what bullying is and how it really affects students. When I started doing this blog, the only thing I knew about bullying is that they beat up people to show dominance and for fun but after doing intense research, I thought It was more of a mental thing that everyone worries about. I do not know why people started this trend but to discover a lot of fear and doubt seems to cause lots of problems of other people even though some might not have been bullied. There are dozens and dozens of solutions that people come up with to reduce bullying but no matter how effective they are, some bullies will still blend in and cause even more stir to our minds. Some want to have laws put up for it but most bullies are around in middle school so there is no chance of them of being put into jail. Some want to have meetings about this topic, however, it always ends up in failure and ignore the signs. But others want to stand up to the problem and risk dealing with suspension from the school. It is no wonder why people are still fearful and conservative to stand up not to bullies but their mind as well.
     I feel that this issue is really interesting but complex. At first, I though doing blogs was really going to be hard and tedious but after contributing all of my posts into my blog I feel pretty comfortable and I have done alot of good work over my blog. The topic however, I felt that it was really complex to talk about it and to deal with it. I saw ridicluos amounts of information about what causes bullying, cyberbullying, and ways to stop it. It was real intense trying to research the amount of information that I concluded that It was all in our minds. If people fear it, then why is there a reason to do nothing what so ever. When people ask if they saw bullying, they will admit that they have but only in the past and they put in no effort to see the whole thing. I think this topic to me is too emotional to deal with. Even though I am not bullied, it is just emotional to think about it. It is all in my head, there is no reason to be afraid. It is just that I have to stand up to everything all the time. And that is why the topic is complex.

1 comment:

  1. If I can through in my two cents here, there is a reason why people bully. They feel bad about themselves, so they make others feel bad about themselves, making the bully happier. I think that there should be laws against bullying. A bully should be treated just the same as a murderer. Bullies inflict emotional and physical pain to individuals. That is just WRONG!!

    ReplyDelete